Monday 4 March 2013

3 PROJECT IMAGES WITH AN ADJECTIVE, VERB AND NOUN DESCRIBING EACH


A - This is a sculpture made using wire, papier-mâché, varnish and shellac. It was composed as part of a school art project in year 10. It was made to resemble the form of a hermit crab. Although it is hard to see from these photographs, it is missing a claw. I honestly don't remember why this is the case, but I'm sure its not because I'm lazy.



B - This is a photograph of the Chrysler Building, the Art Deco style skyscraper in New York City designed by William Van Allen and built in 1928-1930. I saw the Chrysler Building first hand during my family trip to NYC in January and it really blew me away. It left me wondering whether it represents what is great about the city or whether it itself has contributed to what is great about the city. Both situations are probably the case. Surprisingly it impressed me much more than the Empire State Building. Its breathtaking by day and even more so by night.



C - In keeping with the theme of the above photo, this is a photograph I took in Central Park. It was winter and naturally most vegetation in the park had withered and blackened which gave it its own unique beauty. However, this particular plant remained a radiative red. Its colour so drastically contrasted with the bleakness of the frozen lake just behind it. 





____________________________________________________________________








Antonio Stradivari

(n): craftsmanship
(v): fluctuate
(adj): elegant














Shinya Kimura 

(n): distinction
(v): grumbling
(adj): predatory







Jiro Ono 

(n): tradition
(v): devour
(adj): fundamental 


No comments:

Post a Comment